A Research-Based Campaign to Educate All Sectors of the
Community About the Dangers of Youth Marijuana Use
While there’s much talk about medical marijuana and the legalization of marijuana for “recreational” purposes in the media and in public discussion, there seems to be very little focus on the many negative consequences of youth use. LET’S START THAT CONVERSATION IN OUR COMMUNITIES!!
Mobilizing Michigan … was created by the Chippewa Valley Coalition for Youth and Families, a school-community coalition in central Macomb County Michigan and a Drug Free Communities grantee, and the Macomb County Community Mental Health – Office of Substance Abuse (MCOSA).
The Mobilizing Michigan – Protecting Our Kids from Marijuana Campaign Tool Kit, has multiple components intended to provide community coalitions, schools, agencies, churches with the tools to educate all sectors of the community – youth, parents, other community members, school staff, law enforcement, government, the faith community, business, youth-serving and other agencies, etc. about the dangers of youth marijuana use. Data and other Information included in the Mobilizing Michigan… Tool Kit is based on research from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the National Institute of Health, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services, the National Institute of Mental Health, Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America, etc.
All Mobilizing Michigan…Protecting Our Kids from Marijuana Campaign Tool Kit components can be accessed free-of-charge at www.cvcoalition.org or www. mcosa.net.
Mobilizing Michigan… Protecting Our Kids from Marijuana Campaign Tool Kit Components
• PowerPoint Slideshow and NOTES (Educating the Community about Dangers of Marijuana)
• Evaluation Form for PowerPoint Presentations
• Curriculum for High School Health Classes and Youth Groups (PowerPoint with Video)
• Curriculum for Middle School Health Classes and Youth Groups (PowerPoint with Video)
• Marijuana PSA (30 seconds: English and Spanish Language Versions) Marijuana and Teens, What the Research Tells Us
• Talking Points for Parents – Parents Talk to Your Children about Marijuana (One page sheet)*
• Fact Sheet – Let’s Look at the Research (Two-sided sheet/Target: Adults and Youth)*
• Postcard Mailers/Handouts for Parents*
• 12×16 Posters
• Posts and Tweets – Information for Facebook Pages and Twitter
• Information for “Letters to the Editor” & Social Media (Tips & Samples)
• Information for Visits with Elected Officials to Educate About the Dangers of Youth Marijuana Use
• Marijuana Town Hall Meeting Planning Guide & Agenda Template